Netsurion, headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, FL is a game changer in the exciting cybersecurity market, one of the fastest-growing in the software/technology industry. We serve nearly 20,000 customers, including brands such as Burger King, Dairy Queen, Thomson Reuters, Soxedo, LexisNexis, helping distributed enterprises drive innovation while reducing complexity by combining network security, threat management, and compliance readiness into a single suite of managed services.
We are looking for a passionate, energetic Staff Accountant
to join our growing organization! This is a great opportunity to join a thriving company and learn from experienced Finance & Accounting leaders (e.g. CFO, Controller) to accelerate your career. In this role, you will report directly to our Controller (CPA) and be a key member of our team, assisting with daily Accounting operations to prepare timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial information.
You may be a great fit for the Staff Accountant position IF...
- You are an amazing problem solver with collaborative and team-oriented skills, reaching above expectations,
- You have good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to manage your time
Skills & Requirements:
- Participating in month-end close including entries for assets, liabilities, expenses, and revenue.
- Preparing and submitting monthly/quarterly multi-state sales tax filings,
- Assisting with commission calculations and statements,
- Validating, processing and recording credit card transactions,
- Preparing audit schedules and assist Controller with preparing for and supporting the annual audit.
- Performing daily cash reconciliations and adjusting entries,
- Performing Accounts Receivable collection activities, and
- Assisting with special projects, as needed.
Company Benefit Highlights:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university,
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ relevant experience, including balance sheet account reconciliation, journal entry preparation, accruals and month-end closings
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment,
- Must be detail oriented, organized with ability to multi-task,
- Microsoft Office skills with an above average proficiency with Excel,
- Sales tax return preparation experience, a plus, and
- Microsoft Dynamics Navision or similar large ERP experience, a plus.
- Market-competitive base salary
- Free health insurance option; vacation; HSAs; long-term and short-term disability
- Free daily snacks, and many more!
We are an equal opportunity employer that offers a progressive and competitive benefits package. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.