The Sales Associate for driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration from SMB to Mid-Market customer segments through outbound prospecting and follow-up on inbound leads while also working with our Senior Account Executives and Channel team to allocate leads. The Sales Associate is a major contributor to generating sales for the company. They are responsible for new sales and all aspects sales planning including prospecting pipeline development and forecasting. This role will require some research and selection of new accounts, account plans, incremental revenue and upsells to existing clients, accurate forecasting, and client satisfaction. In addition, they will foster and maintain a culture where customers consider every interaction with the company easy to work with, professional, thoughtful, and valuable
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Create outbound prospecting lists for calling email and social prospecting within assigned segment and territory
- Follow-up on inbound marketing qualified leads (MQLs) to qualify and convert to Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs) for either direct follow-up or to assign to channel or Senior Account Executives
- Develop, manage, and nurture new business relationships and strategic partnerships to meet and exceed territory quota
- Evangelize corporate messaging, demonstrate unique value proposition, and establish key competitive differentiators
- Manage fast paced sales cycles, while navigating long-term strategic engagements
- Research and prospect strategically to build and qualify short-term and long-term pipeline by consistently and efficiently delivering productive volumes of quality outreach using cold calls, emails, LinkedIn, event, relationships, referrals and other market appropriate channels
- Collaborate with internal lead generation resources to establish pipeline of business and expand opportunities within the territory/vertical market
- Leverage personal networks and business partnerships to generate net new leads for the territory/vertical market
- Collaborate with sales leadership and management to team to develop near-term and long-term strategic territory/vertical market plans
- Participate in weekly team calls and establish strong lines of communication between pre-Sales, Marketing, Channel, Inside Sales, and Business Development resources
- Constantly improve communication and relationship with pre-Sales to create a cohesive selling process and customer experience
- Work in conjunction with Channel resources to ensure success of Strategic Partners and strengthen Channel relationships
- Transparency and accuracy in sales forecasting and business intelligence
- Maintain and deliver on best practices and activity updates utilizing SFDC
- Customer Focus
- Prospecting, cold calling, opportunity management and pipeline development
- Ability to close
- Critical thinking and information assessment
- Quality of work and productivity
- Effective Communication
- Cooperation and working well with others
- Team Leadership
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
- Experience with CRM and prospecting tools, software (e.g. Salesforce, Salesloft, Sales Navigator)
- Sales Methodology (MEDDPICC preferred or similar)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations tailored to the audience needs
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Skilled in selling techniques with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience
- A proven track record of consistent sales kpi and quota achievement
- Ability to communicate effectively, in writing and verbally, with both customers and colleagues at all levels
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience in cybersecurity sales a plus
- Experience of successfully translating and communicating key technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Must be highly motivated, self-starter, possess a positive attitude, and have excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization. Ability to prioritize tasks according to Operations plan.
This job operates in a professional atmosphere with responsibilities working from home and working from the office as required by management. There are times when you will be required to be alone in the office to perform essential duties.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to use hands, handle, or feel. The employee is required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Expected work hours may vary.
Travel is required as necessary.
Netsurion is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.