Netsurion, a leading managed security firm, has an opportunity for a Senior Engineer Client Services and Pre-Sales Technical Support.
The Senior Engineer provides professional services and pre-sales technical support for all new and existing business, retains existing clients, develops and expands existing client relationships, identifies additional revenue opportunities within those clients, and works closely with the sales staff in the management of those clients. The Senior Engineer is responsible for being expert with EventTracker software and competing and complementary products, and functioning as a Technical Subject Matter Expert in support of overall sales and client management efforts.
This is a remote home based position. The candidate can be located anywhere in the USA but must be located near a major airport since frequent travel is expected and a requirement of this position. Travel expectations for this position are up to 70%.
- Leveraging relationships within organizations to solve technical challenges and foster awareness and sales of our products, solutions, and services
- Maintaining a stable, predictable demonstration system environment suitable for the targeted client markets (Financial Services, Government/Military, Retail, Healthcare)
- Performing scope calls (gathering requirements for inclusion in service proposals)
- Working with the sales team on joint account calls, webinars and account planning
- Installing, configuring and testing our solution at customer's facilities during Proof of Concepts
- Customizing product deployments, enhancing existing deployments, integration with other systems
- Interfacing with various customers at both a business and a technical level and propose viable solutions in real time during customer meetings
- Document and share knowledge and best practices with the Team to advance the sales of our products and technologies
- Assisting with the training and development of channel partners. This may include conducting joint account calls, updating their technical staff on new products and features, and working with them to develop solutions for customers
- Keeping abreast of competition, competitive issues and products
- Making hardware recommendations to clients
- Maintaining industry/market expertise
- Proven ability to craft a solution and develop RFI responses with appropriate products and services based on client discussions
- Proven ability to engage with all levels of client contacts to propose, present and discuss technical solution
- Complete meaningful Status Reports to inform management of the status of Evaluations, POCs, and on-going sales efforts and input sales related activities into CRM or SFA systems
Industry-related experience (highly preferred):
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, MCSE, and/or Security+ highly desired
- 8+ years in Professional Services and Pre-Sales Engineer experience especially in the security industry with a focus on Security Information and Event Management products and services
- Demonstrated security and networking background: Phishing, malware, social engineering, beaconing, DLP, PII, firewalls, routers, proxies are all concepts you will be comfortable discussing
- Good Linux understanding and comfort with the Command Line Interface #CLI)
- Proof of Concept management history and ability to set criteria while creating compelling cases around the results of the POC
- Prior Systems Engineering experience within the sales vertical. You have worked in a sales environment, are familiar with quotas, quarterly focus, reporting structures and standard operating procedures
- Excellent communication and presentation skills along with strong demonstrated customer interaction experience and skills - have worked in sales or consulting field, personable, high energy, engaging, polite
- Ability to work within a fast paced and growing sales environment
- Excellent organizational, customer service and communication skills.
- Professional presentation skills
- Oral and written comprehension; the abilities to listen and to understand information and ideas presented and communicate that information clearly so others will understand
- Self-starter that manages time and activities with little day-to-day guidance or interaction from management
- Must be able to listen for opportunities and identify potential technical hurdles
- Vulnerability Scanning
- Patch Management
- End Point protection
- Data Loss prevention
- Device and Application control
- Disk Encryption
- Unified Security
- Incident Response
- Network and Security Log Data
- Live forensics
Netsurion is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.